« Home | Your Religious Interactive Experience » | Oh lordy... mtvU is fishing at Cornell for a game ... » | Two weeks and counting » | Holidays » | Story != Game » | A Beautiful Game » | Boasts 40+ hours of gameplay? I'll pass, » | Guardin' the Garden goes gold! » | It's all the rage »

Edge-y-Sketch (y) Game

So I finished Syberia... it was ok... it was an adventure game... enough said.

And now I need something new. I need something... just out there, insane, controversial, pulse-pounding. Essentially, I want some game that I don't think exists. And if it does, I dunno about it.

Think of it as the gaming equivalent of death metal, or maybe heavy, loopy techno. No, not a game that uses those types of music in the soundtrack. I just mean a game that is just an insane experience. Irrational, quick cuts. Sometimes I want something normal, some slow graphical adventure or a nice hack & slash. But sometimes, I just need the video game equivalent of a bad acid trip (I, of course, don't actually know what a bad acid trip is like, but I've heard the phrase used enough to gain a rough idea of what it describes... dark, loud, sketchy, sensational... or would that be a good acid trip :) .

Think the illogical magic of Katamari, at least less controlled. The characters in game would have an acute awareness of being in the game. They would stare at you, face filling the screen, address you, then cut out of the picture. Lonely walk in the woods at night, with just the black trees and the glowing blue of the snow, then static-filled cut to city, cut to room, alone in a chair. Music comes and goes as you fly. I guess Vanilla Sky-like... just a loss on the real, or the knowledge that what you see is what is real... you're in control. But it makes no sense.

So this definitely is not a concept doc for said game, but... god I wish I had that game now. I would totally play it :) .

Google Docs -- Web word processing, presentations and spreadsheets. Edit this page (you have permission) Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam