« Home | Music and Tarkovsky » | Not that I agree with all of the Realtime Art Mani... » | "Step one: drop the requirement of making a game. ... » | Fiction...ish » | Fantastic Landscapes » | Imagination » | Dad » | Intensely Mundane » | GDIAC: Not what you think » | Edge-y-Sketch (y) Game »

Word buffers

God help me, I don't know why... but whenever I want to talk about deep things with somebody, I often end up pushing them to frustration and annoyance, if not outright anger. Obviously, this is a bad thing. But at the same time, it feels like the only way to get past the buffer of words. It's as though there's a deep basin with a punctured hole at the bottom. As we're talking, it fills. When we have pleasant, normal conversations, it's just a trickle, and it all quickly leaks out the bottom. But I want to fill it, and the only way to do it is just to unleash the torrent, to have it slosh over the top. Only then can I get at what I wanted.

But like I said, that's a horrible thing, so I guess I'm a bad person. There's got to be a better way to get at things than to just create artificial, unpleasant situations.

So when I say word buffers, it's just that that's what I want to get around, because you can sit forever in the buffers and never make it past them. And it's just so shallow, empty... even when you think you're talking about big things, that it drives me nuts.

Google Docs -- Web word processing, presentations and spreadsheets. Edit this page (you have permission) Edit this page (if you have permission) | Report spam